Black Friday 2011 is right around the corner. Or as I’m starting to call it: The Day of the Dread. I find Black Friday rather overwhelming but HEY! It’s a great day to save money!
Black Friday is traditionally the biggest shopping day of the year, when many people start their Christmas shopping. Others (not naming any names) start their Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. But it’s smart to shop early, as on Black Friday ( November 25, 2011 ) you can expect deals you won’t find any other time of the year. A little work may however be required, especially as some of the stores open at ridiculous times and you might need to camp out to save dollars 😉 And some stores aren’t even waiting till Friday, they’re starting on Thanksgiving Day or even today.
Many official Black Friday ads have been released in advance, so we don’t have to wait till Thanksgiving morning to find the Doorbuster deals for electronics and computers, apparel, appliances and household goods, and a whole lot more:
- Amazon Black Friday Deals Week is already running, with discount offers each day. They say they’ve checked other retailer Black Friday ads so Amazon can meet or beat those prices, and of course in most cases there’s no sales tax to pay on online orders.
- Best Buy Black Friday Ad
- Walmart Black Friday Ad
- Sears Thanksgiving Sale and Black Friday Deals preview, including Black Friday pricing available now on certain televisions, plus free shipping on orders of $99+ with the promo code: REALJOY or free store pick-up on orders.
- Target Black Friday Ad
- Kohl’s Black Friday Ad
- JC Penney Black Friday Ad
- Staples Black Friday Ad
- Sam’s Club Black Friday Ad (with online sales shopping starting at 9 pm Mountain Time, November 23). Shoppers can also get a Sam’s Club Free Breakfast on November 25 during the members-only Black Friday shopping event, from 5 am – 8 am, with a free breakfast of hot egg sandwiches, fruit, yogurt and coffee.
Some of these Black Friday ads are via the site Black-Friday.net which is a great resource on all shopping deals on Black Friday, to find the ads for your fave store and deal listings in exhaustive detail.
Also don’t forget about Small Business Saturday on November 26, and the deal for American Express card holders to get a free $25 Amex credit on their statement when shopping at small businesses on Saturday. You need to register your card in advance, deets at the link.
Among smaller businesses, Albuquerque Black Friday or Small Business Saturday deals include:
Alamosa Books is offering 25% off “almost everything” – most books, toys and stationery – from November 25 – 27 at 8810 Holly Avenue NE.
The first 300 customers at Thrift Town on November 25 receive a $5 off $15 coupon, according to an email received from Thrift Town. They open at 8 am on Friday.
Routes Rentals & Tours deals on November 25 and 26 include 50% off boutique gifts and stocking stuffers, 15% off certificates for bicycle or snowshoes rentals, 20% off bike and snow tour certificates, plus discounts on bike and bike accessories.
Black Friday Albuquerque Botox and Juvederm deals at the ABQ Health Partners Plastic Surgery Center
If you know of an Albuquerque Black Friday deal with a local retailer, please let us know in the comment box below!
–Tania FYI – I’ve given my Amazon, Sears, and Sam’s Club affiliate links on those specific deals. To help support ABQ on the Cheap (it doesn’t cost you anything), please use the links. Thanks!
Comments Off on Best Last-Minute Back to School Sales
Sonya asked for it; you got it! We’ve done all the last-minute back-to-school shopping for you and compiled a list of the best current deals on school supplies! This is a mondo list, so buckle your seatbelt….
- CVS Pharmacy: FREE filler paper (150 sheets). You pay 99¢ with ExtraCare card, then receive a 99¢ ExtraBucks reward, making the deal free. Limit 2 per household with card. Only valid through Tuesday, August 18 (8/19/09). Other CVS deals: Buy a backpack for $7.99, get a lunch carrier FREE (with ExtraCare card); 39¢ poster board; FREE Paper Mate Write Bros. pens 10-pack; FREE Caliber recycled school box; FREE mini composition book; 29¢ each pencil sharpener, pen/ink eraser, 12″ ruler, No. 2 pencils 10-count, or index dividers; buy 2 get 1 FREE fashion composition books, notebooks, or portfolios; BOGO Bic Wite-Out 0.7-oz bottle, shake-n-squeeze pen, or correction tape. Most of these offers require the ExtraCare card. Three Albuquerque-area CVS stores to serve you.
- Wal-Mart: 15¢ notebook, spiral bound, 70 sheets, college or wide ruled; $4 Five Star notebook, spiral bound, 200 sheets, college or wide ruled; $1.50 Five Star 1-subject notebook, 100 sheets, college or wide ruled; $2.50 each Avery 1″ view binder, Avery 5-tab dividers, Sharpie pens 2-pack, or Pilot G2 2-pack; $69 mini-fridge (Ed. note: When we were in college, there was no such thing as a dorm fridge, only Hot Pots); $39 microwave. Fifteen Wal-Mart stores in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Bernalillo, Los Lunas, Belen, and Edgewood.
- Target: $29 microwave; 50¢ composition book; $2 mechanical pencils or Wite-Out correction tape; $5 dry-erase or cork bulletin board; $4 each Mead Five Star fashion planner or 2-subject fashion notebook; $13 Case it velcro-close binder; 69¢ each 24-count wood #2 pencils or 2-count pink erasers; $2.50 locker accessories, including mesh bin, mirror, or pencil holder; $20 JanSport backpack; $7 licensed lunch kits; $28 Epson Stylus NX100 printer/scanner/copier. Five Target stores in Albuquerque, and three others around New Mexico.
- K-mart: FREE box of Kleenex when you buy school supplies totaling $15 or more (requires this coupon); 2 for $2 stretchable book covers or school boxes; 99¢ each Crayola 8-count watercolors or 12-count colored pencils; BOGO MX notebooks. Three K-mart stores in Albuquerque, one each in Rio Rancho and Santa Fe, plus five others throughout New Mexico.
- Staples: 25¢ black & white composition books (through Weds 8/19/09 only); $1 each Staples brand highlighter 6-pack, Paper Mate retractable gel pens 4-pack, Staples Comfort Stic ballpoint pens 12-pack, Paper Mate Expressions assorted fashion erasers 4-pack; BOGO Pentel Twist-Erase mechanical pencils 4-pack, Tiger paper clips 100-pack, Elmer’s school glue 4-oz, Westcott 7″ student scissors, Staples writing pads 12-pack, Staedtler Maxum ballpoint pens bold 8-pack, Staples letter-size poly expanding file, Staples finger-grip 12″ ruler. Six Staples stores in Albuquerque, Los Lunas, and Santa Fe.
- Walgreens: BOGO 3-ring binders 1/2 to 1.5 inches; buy one get one 50% off Mead Five Star notebooks 100-200 sheets; 49¢ each tab dividers 5-pack, Paper Mate pens or mechanical pencils 10-pack, crayons various size packs, sheet protectors, letter-size writing pads, pencil boxes, pencil case, index card case, Mirado classic #2 wooden pencils 6-pack, hand-held pencil sharpener, Penway school glue bottle, invisible tape; 99¢ 3-subject notebook (requires coupon in this flyer); six for $1 2-pocket folder (requires coupon in this flyer). There’s practically a Walgreens on every corner. More specifically, there are at least 50 in the Albuquerque area.
- Office Depot: 25¢ each glue sticks, book covers, half-size notebooks; $2.99 each Really Useful Boxes plastic 3-liter storage boxes or Office Depot brand plastic stacking crates; FREE with minimum purchase of $10 Office depot acrylic ruler, eraser caps 12-pack, or Scholastic crayons 8-pack; 99¢ each Fiskars school scissors, Office Depot Value notebook filler paper 150-count, Paper Mate Expressions mini pens 8-pack, stackable organizer trays, 3-hole notebook punch, magnetic rubber calculator, Webster’s mini dictionary, Office Depot correction tape, Gartner fashion portfolios, Paper Mate mechanical pencils 5-pack. Six Office Depot stores in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and Santa Fe.
Important: note that many of these offers have restrictions, such as quantity limitations (e.g.: “limit 2 per household” or “while supplies last”) and time limitations (e.g.: “offer good through Weds 8/19/09 only”). Our advice: pick up a copy of the store’s sale flyer when you arrive; they’re often available as you come in the door. Offers are good only on brands indicated (or the store brand). If you have any questions about whether or not an item is on sale, check with a sales associate before checking out!
Also, we are not an official source for any of the companies listed, so don’t bother brandishing a print-out of this post and thinking the clerk is going to honor any of the prices stated herein. We’re just reporting what we found when we shopped this weekend.
Good luck in hacking your way through the back-to-school supply jungle! And please use the comments section to note other fantastic back-to-school deals we overlooked. We’ll be happy to give you credit for the find!
Comments Off on Free Resumes and Business Cards at Staples
From now through June 13, 2009, you can get 20 free résumé copies and 40 free instant business cards at local Staples stores. Plus, at the Staples website, you can obtain valuable free info on job seeking, interview skills, and networking.
And, remember, in this economy you need a pro to polish your résumé in order to gain an edge over other applicants. So, don’t forget about the free résumé makeover from Support My Office! That deal is good through May 30, 2009. Be sure to tell them you read about the offer in ABQ on the Cheap!
There are four Staples stores in Albuquerque, one in Los Lunas, and one in Santa Fe.