Comments Off on Rio Rancho Winterfest: December 15
Sounds like Rio Rancho is the place to be this Saturday, when Winterfest offers plenty of family fun to celebrate the holiday season.
Rio Rancho Winterfest 2012 has quite the line-up of free things to do and see on Saturday December 15 from 4 pm, including a holiday parade, 10,000 (count ’em) luminarias, storytelling, holiday music, a holiday movie, fun jumps and games for kids plus a kids’ train and scavenger hunt, and a visit from Santa.
If you donate an item (non-perishable food, clothing, or new toys) to the Storehouse West and Community Clothes Closet collection at the Santa Ana Star Center, you’ll be entered into a raffle to win prizes including tickets to Cirque du Soleil and other Santa Ana Star Center events, and restaurant certificates.
Highlight times for Rio Rancho Winterfest celebrations on December 15:
- 4 pm: Santa Ana Star Center opens for children’s train rides, holiday music, and $1 refreshments, while supplies last.
- 5:15 pm: Winterfest Parade starts by the Santa Ana Star Center, with a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer theme.
- The festivities continue until 9 pm with more than 10,000 luminarias lit in the city center and family activities.
See the full schedule and parade route for Rio Rancho Winterfest.
Comments Off on Free Ice Skating and Rio Rancho Winterfest
Free ice skating, BOGO free New Mexico Mustangs tickets, fireworks, and a balloon glow… Sounds like Rio Rancho is the place to be this weekend, when Winterfest has something for everyone!
Rio Rancho Winterfest 2011 has quite the line-up of free fun on Saturday December 10, including a parade, 10,000 (count ’em) luminarias, free holiday arts and crafts, storytelling, and even free holiday ornaments. Fingers crossed the weather clears up for the fireworks and balloon glow.
The thing I’m most excited about is free ice skating at Santa Ana Star Center from 2 – 5 pm. I don’t know why I’m so excited about it as I’m a lousy skater, but if you want to take to the ice, the free skating includes free skate hire. (They recommend beginners take their own safety helmet or bike helmet.)
Hockey fans can also score a buy one get one free ticket deal for the New Mexico Mustangs game against Amarillo Bulls on December 10, at 7:30 pm. That means two tickets cost $10.
Other Rio Rancho Winterfest celebrations on December 10 include:
- 5 pm : Holiday lighting ceremony, 10,000 luminarias, and a hot air balloon glow, at Rio Rancho City Hall
- 5:15 : Winterfest Parade starts by Santa Ana Star Center
- 6:15 – 7:30 : Photos with Santa and free hot chocolate inside Rio Rancho City Hall. Or head to UNM West Campus for free holiday arts and crafts, storytelling, and refreshments
- 7 pm : Fireworks display
During Winterfest, you can also take home a free holiday ornament to commemorate Rio Rancho’s 30th anniversary. The ornaments will be available at various locations, while supplies last.
Find full details on events and the parade route for Rio Rancho Winterfest.