Comments Off on New Mexico Lodging Deals & Southwest Breaks
Lodging deals in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, Ojo Caliente, and more, including 50% off, and free nights. Plus lodging deals in Las Vegas, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Colorado if you fancy a break away. Some offers are time-limited to purchase, or have limited quantities available.
This offer is now sold out. Mauger Estate Bed & Breakfast $85 deal Get 49% off a one night stay for two people at the popular Albuquerque B&B (usually $168). The deal includes breakfast, evening refreshments, and cheese, fruit, and chocolates on arrival, plus some granola to take home. (Funny perk!) The time-limited offer (or until they sell out) is via Living Social Escapes for stays through January 31, 2012, excluding Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve (check deal details.)
Other Living Social Escapes include:
- Angel Fire Ski Resort (near Taos) Two nights for up to 6 people in a two bedroom condo for $399, including four all-day ski rentals and a $50 dining voucher at The Roasted Clove. Stay by March 31, 2012.
- Vail Colorado two night stay at The Lodge for two people from $229 including a bottle of wine for stays through December 12, 2011
- 50% off Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Arizona, at $299 for two people in a luxury room in the AAA Four Diamond resort, including a bottle of sparkling wine and 50% off massages, for stays through January 26, 2012. Check both deal details for any blackout dates.
50% off Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino Mescalero, near Ruidoso, NM. $119 for a one night stay for two including $40 room service credit, in various rooms from deluxe to grand or royal suite, on Sunday–Thursday through December 15, 2011. Blackout dates: November 17, 18, 22, 24, 25. You can buy up to three per visit (so stay for up to three nights at a time) at this rate via Groupon Getaways, in a time-limited deal through Monday. The casino resort is on a lake (and it’s pretty stunning) about 180 miles south of Albuquerque, near the Ski Apache ski area.
Other Getwaways in Santa Fe and the Southwest (check deal details for any blackout dates) include:
- Santa Fe Garrett’s Desert Inn 50% Off $59 for one night, $109 for two nights. Quantities are limited, for a stay by April 30, 2012
- Santa Fe The Lodge 50+ % Off $112 for two adults and two kids in an Anasazi mini suite, including two museum passes, a bottle of wine, and 25% restaurant discount. Stay by March 31, 2012, and you can combine two deals for a two-night stay.
- Las Vegas Treasure Island Hotel & Casino $188 for two nights for two in a deluxe room, including $50 dining credit, and $25 per person spa/salon credits, for stays on Sunday – Wednesday. Or $268 Thursday – Sunday. Stay by February 28, 2012.
- Update: Sold out Las Vegas Palms Place Hotel $199 for two nights, for two adults and up to two kids, in a studio suite on Sunday to Thursday, including access to spa, and a nightlife club, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Stay by December 31, 2011, and you can combine several deals for longer stays. (For a Friday/Saturday stay, the deal is $299 for two nights, but that includes a $50 dining credit.)
- Greer Lodge Resort & Cabins, Arizona, $199 for two nights for up to eight people in a cabin (usually $558), staying on Sunday to Thursday to April 30, 2012. You can combine two deals, which makes a 4-night stay.
- Tanglewood Resort on Lake Texoma, Texas $199 for two nights for up to four people with golf for two and $50 dining credit through March 31, 2012, worth $440. The fine print also shows a free bottle of wine per couple. The resort is an hour north of Dallas. There’s also an option for 10 people to stay one night in five lakeview rooms, with breakfast, a boat cruise, and spa credits, in a $999 package for ten people.
ClubHouse Inn and Suites 2nd Night Half Price Stay one weekend night at $89, and the second night’s stay will cost $44.50. The 50% off the second night offer at Albuquerque’s ClubHouse Inn and Suites Hotel is valid on weekends only, for advance reservations and with some blackout dates.
Clarion Hotel Albuquerque 20% off rooms in the winter special, plus a free shuttle to Sandia Casino, through March 31, 2012
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Third Night free The three for free package at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa includes every third night free, free breakfast for two people each day, and a room upgrade. The resort is on Santa Ana Pueblo, by Bernalillo.
La Posada de Santa Fe 25% off a stay of four nights or more, plus a free lunch for two people, to a $50 value. For stays of 1 – 3 nights, La Posada de Santa Fe Resort and Spa offers 15% off. Both deals are for travel through December 29, 2011.
Fort Marcy Hotel Suites in Santa Fe Get 30% off a one or two night stay, 40% off three nights, or 45% off four or more nights. The winter special runs from November 22, 2011 to April 30, 2012, but excludes Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Eldorado Hotel & Spa Third Night Free in Santa Fe. The offer is valid till March 31, 2012, with rates from $169 a night. Also, Eldorado Hotel offers a New Mexico residents special with proof of residency, starting from $159 a night. So if you’re just staying for one night and you’re a New Mexican, ask for that rate. For longer stays the third night free deal is still the better option.
Ojo Caliente Third Night Free This offer varies, depending on season. For stays through October 31, 2011, your first night’s stay must be on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday to get the third night free. From November 1 to February 29, 2012, the first night can be between Saturday and Wednesday. Holiday dates are excluded, and the offer requires double occupancy, so bring a friend for a getaway to get the third night free. Lodging includes admission to soak in Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs.
American Artists Gallery House 50% off second night at the Taos bed and breakfast inn, or stay three nights for the price of two, through December 22, 2011, excluding Thanksgiving.
Taos Touchstone Inn Ski and Spa Package includes 25% off a stay at the Taos B&B inn, and 15% off a 60-minute massage. Minimum 2 night stay during the 2011-2012 ski season, excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or get 10% off at the inn during November and December, with a 2 night minimum stay. (3 nights for Thanksgiving/Christmas).
We’ve mentioned this deal before, but don’t forget that active and retired military personnel can get a free night’s stay via the B&B For Vets program on Thursday November 10, 2011, for themselves and a guest in a Bed and Breakfast or Inn. Rooms are filling fast, so check out the B&B for Vets New Mexico inns or search for availability in other states.
Silver City KOA Third night half price on any camping (lodge, studio, tent, RV) with Hot Deal Code: CB to December 31, 2011, excluding holiday weekends.
Please read the fine print at the links for details and any blackout dates, to be sure they’re a good deal for you. And happy traveling!
FYI: I’ve given you my Groupon Getaways and Living Social Escapes affiliate links to plug you directly to those deals. If you feel like sending a little love this way to support the ABQ on the Cheap site, (it doesn’t cost you any extra) please use the links.
Comments Off on El Pinto Half Price Deal and Super Bowl Deal
Pay $15 to get $30 or $35 worth of food and drinks at El Pinto in this time-limited deal available through Sunday January 30, and then use the certificate till May 1, 2011.
The El Pinto deal costs $15, and it’s worth:
- $30 of food and drink if you redeem the certificate on Thursday to Sunday
- $35 if you redeem the certificate on Monday to Wednesday. That’s a good excuse to go early in the week!
The El Pinto offer via Groupon Albuquerque is valid on both their yummy New Mexican dishes or for drinks, but you have to buy at least one food item. Certificates are selling through the weekend till Sunday midnight, then use them by May 1, 2011.
In a separate offer, the El Pinto Super Bowl Party Package saves you 25% on a carry out feast big enough to serve up to “six hungry guys” as they put it in an email alert. What about six hungry gals? 😉 Whatever your gender, it looks like a pretty good deal for $85.98, including a dozen red chile cheese enchiladas, a quart of chile con carne, tamales, beans, slaw, tortillas, and all the essentials like guacamole, salsa and chips, chile con queso, and a dozen biscochitos to round it off.
Total value is over $114, but with the 25% package discount, the final score is $85.98. If you add other bulk menu items to the package, you get 25% off those too.
See the full El Pinto Super Bowl Party Package take out menu. They’re taking orders through Saturday February 5 – call (505) 898-1771 x117, for collection by 3 pm on Super Bowl Sunday, February 6.
Man, this post is making me hungry!
El Pinto is located in the North Valley at 10500 4th St. NW.
–Tania. FYI I’ve given you my affiliate links for the Groupon Albuquerque deal. If you feel like sending a little love this way to help support the ABQ on the Cheap site, please use the links.
Comments Off on Weekend Freebies & Deals: Sept 25-26, 2010
Deals, coupons, online, and half price offers for this weekend, including 10% off Jackalope coupon, airline sale from $39, Quiznos $2 off, free Redbox movie, 50% off tickets to Balloon Museum/Fiesta Ball, discount laser hair removal, golf deal, half price family membership to the Balloon Museum, and more!
Some national Groupon deals are from other cities – but as they’re national online purchases you can buy them wherever you are. Those deals expire midnight Sunday at the local city time zone. Others in the round-up are valid for longer:
$99 for Two Tickets to the Chic-I-Boom Ball on October 9 at the Anderson-Abruzzo International Balloon Museum. Buy by midnight Sunday. Value is $200 for the two tickets and a parking pass, and the ball swings with Brazilian food, live music and dancing, views of the evening Balloon Glow and fireworks at Balloon Fiesta, and a Balloon Museum tour. (Tickets in this deal via Albuquerque Groupon don’t include entry into the Balloon Glow/Fiesta itself. Which I think is a bit mean but I imagine most guests will be happy staying at the museum for the posh ball and just watching the action from the balcony!)
Frontier Airlines Fall Sale to September 27 with fares as low as $39.
- Frontier flies direct between Albuquerque and Denver, with lowest fares in this sale currently showing as $39 one way.
- Connections from the Denver hub to many other US cities are on the Frontier route map
- Book flights by Monday Sept 27, 2010 (9:59 pm Mountain Time)
- Travel through December 16, 2010.
- 7 Day Advance purchase required, and check deal details for travel days, blackout dates around Thanksgiving, and the usual taxes and fees.
$99 for Three Sessions of Laser Hair Removal on brow/lip/chin/underarms and various other parts of the body, or $199 for 3 sessions of laser hair-removal on Brazilian or Basic Bikini Line (value $525). Services are at Albuquerque’s AlluraDerm MD Med Spa. Purchase the Living Social discount laser hair removal deal by Sunday night, use the sessions to September 27, 2011.
$40 for $100 Worth of Photo & Video Digitization with Scan Digital. Send them photos, negatives, slides, VHS tapes, etc (the old technology!) and they send you a DVD back (plus the originals!) with your memories preserved electronically. Buy by Sunday night, redeem services by March 27, 2011.
$35 for a Panoramic Wall Mural ($84 value). A 4 foot wide by 1 foot tall panoramic picture makes a strong statement! Cityscape photos featured in the 2,000 available murals include our own Duke City, Route 66 Diner, etc. but you can also choose panoramic images from Italy to New York to deserts… Shipping is free, buy by Sunday night, redeem by March 27, 2011.
$25 for $50 worth of Maternity Clothing from the online store Belly Dance Maternity. Buy by midnight Sunday, spend the half price certificate on maternity and nursing clothing by November 27, 2010. Tax & shipping not included, but you can use the $50 Groupon value toward tax & shipping.
50% off Golf Gift Certificates for Golf Hub – Get $50 or $100 golf certificates for half price. Albuquerque area golf courses participating currently include Santa Ana Golf Club, but courses may change and there are others across New Mexico too. Ongoing CityDeals 50% off Golf offer (until certificates run out), valid to December 31, 2010.
$29 One Year Family Membership to the Anderson-Abruzzo International Balloon Museum (Value $60). Buy by midnight Sunday, membership is good for 4 people for a year, with free museum admission, 10% off at the museum gift shop, and other discounts.
Jackalope 10% Off Coupon valid only in the Jackalope Albuquerque store (6400 San Mateo Blvd. NE) to September 30, 2010.
Jericho Nursery 20% Off everything now through Sunday September 26. No coupon needed, just turn up at any Jericho location.
25% off Custom Framing by High Desert Art and Frame – Get 25% off framing by our own Albuquerque High Desert Art and Frame, with the coupon via Premium Shopping Guide, valid to September 30.
Quiznos $2 Off A Sub Get two dollars off a regular or large sub with the coupon to October 4, plus a coupon for $1 off any Choose 2 Combo Meal. We left this out of our original Friday Food Deals post, so we’re adding it here in case you’re in Quiznos Sub Mood this weekend!
Free Redbox Movie Night – Look for the code on your redbox movie rental, enter it at the Thanks A Billion Giveaway site, and get a code for a free rental. Scroll down the link to see where to enter the code – and then use the freebie promo code you receive within 7 days. Limited to 1 free movie night rental per person, promo runs to September 30, 2010. While you’re at the redbox Thanks A Billion Giveaway site, you can also enter the Golden Code game to win prizes, if you can fathom out how it works. I couldn’t
50% off Cliff’s Amusement Park It’s the last chance this season for a half price Cliff’s ride pass on Sunday Sept 26 with the coupon!
Please check individual deal details at the links for terms and any restrictions.
Have a great (cheap!) weekend!
–Tania FYI, I’ve given you my CityDeals, Groupon.com and Living Social affiliate links above to plug you directly to the correct local deals. If you feel like sending a little love this way to support the ABQ on the Cheap site, please use the links.
Comments Off on YoYo Bliss Frozen Yogurt 60% Off
Scoop up a deal with Uptown’s YoYo Bliss Frozen Yogurt on sale!
Get over 60% off at YoYo Bliss, the frozen yogurt mavens in ABQ Uptown, in a sale via Clear Channel Albuquerque. The YoYo Bliss $40 certificates for freshly made and fruity frozen yogurt were originally half price at $20, but now they’re discounted by an extra $5 off, so you get a $40 certificate for $15.
The sale is running on two different Clear Channel Albuquerque deals pages, with different expiry dates and remaining quantities on each! So try both these links if one is sold out already:
- Clear Channel Half Price Deal Sale on YoYo Bliss 1
- Clear Channel Half Price Deal Sale on YoYo Bliss 2
Quantities are limited to buy the 60% off sale certificates, and each person can buy 2 of the deals. Shipping is $3.75. The certificates come in $5 denominations, you can use more than one per visit, and they expire in February 2011.
Comments Off on Friday Food Freebies & Deals: May 7-14, 2010
Mother’s Day feasts, half price Starbucks Frappuccino, free choc chip cookies, military eat free, BOGO Quiznos Sub, 50% off Porky’s Pride Real Pit BBQ, 50% off Cecilia’s Café, Savoy wine tasting, and more deals for the week ahead.
- Half Price Frappuccino at Starbucks Happy Hour through May 16, between 3 and 5 pm at participating locations. No coupon needed….Froth on!
- Free Chocolate Chip Cookies on May 15, to celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. That’s the kind of national celebration we like…. According to New Mexico Business Weekly, the Nestlé Toll House Café by Chip at the ABQ Uptown location ONLY will give away 2,000 mini cookies to mark its second anniversary there – plus opportunities to win prizes and see the Nesquik Bunny.
- Free Quiznos Sub with a Buy one Get one Free coupon to score a free sub when you buy one of equal value and a regular fountain drink. Valid till May 14, 2010.
- Military Eat Free at Chick-fil-A on May 15 in honor of Armed Forces Day, at both ABQ locations: Chick-fil-A Cottonwood Corners and Chick-fil-A Paseo del Norte. We’re told that anyone in uniform or carrying a military ID will eat free. Yay on Chick-fil-A! And our military men and women… there aren’t enough Yays – we thank you for your service.
- Free breakfast at Chick-fil-A Cottonwood Corners on Saturday May 8 from 6:30 to 10:30 am. If you didn’t see our post LAST Friday about free breakfast week, you’ve still got one more day to nab a free breakfast item on Saturday, the final day of the promo. No link, we’ve just been reliably informed! Only at Chick-fil-A 3801 Ellison Rd NW.
- Save 50% at Porky’s Pride Real Pit BBQ and Cecilia’s Café thanks to Good Day New Mexico’s Half Price Thursday. Buy $50 worth of gift certificates for only $25.
50% off Porky’s Pride Real Pit BBQ certificates – use them through October 31, 2010.
50% off Cecilia’s Café certificates – use them till November 28, 2010
Quantities are limited, don’t wait too long to purchase.
- Wine Tasting at Savoy Bar & Grill – California Icons on Saturday May 8 at 2:45 pm. Try a variety of featured Californian wines paired with “small bites” for $30 a head plus tax and tip. Places are limited – you need to make a reservation before they fill.
- $1 off Carl’s Junior – final week to print out the coupons for:
$1 off Big Country Breakfast Burrito Combo to May 12
$1 off Banana Chocolate Chip shakes and malts to May 12
$1 off any size Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger combo to May 19
One coupon per person per visit. Find Carl’s Junior Albuquerque locations.
Mother’s Day Feasts
If you haven’t got your groove on for Mother’s Day yet, then here are a few places where you can TREAT that lady!
All seem reasonable deals for the locations, all on Sunday May 9, 2010. Tax and tip are extra, and reservations are generally recommended:
- TGI Friday’s premium menu with 3 courses for $16.99
- Brasserie La Provence $30 prix fixe menu of three courses from 10:30 am to 3 pm.
- Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro Mother’s Day Brunch from 10 am to 3 pm offers the regular menu plus specials, and classical guitar music by Dan Dowling.
- Zinc Mother’s Day Jazz Dinner from 5 pm includes a starter amuse-bouche and sparkling apertif and a three course prix fixe menu for $40, with music by the Robb Janov Quartet.
- The Standard Diner Buffet Brunch is from 9:30 am to 3 pm at $27 for adults, or $10 for kids aged 5-12.
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort serves Mother’s Day brunch in the smart Corn Maiden restaurant from 11 am to 3 pm, at $60 or $30 for kids aged 12 and under. In the more casual Santa Ana Café, brunch runs from 10 am to 3 pm, for $45 – kids half that price.
- Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown buffet brunch is $28, and kids eat at half price, aged 12 and under. It’s all happening in the Sheraton Ballroom from 11 am to 2 pm.
Other treats for mom?
NOTE: Not all locations may be participating in all offers – call ahead if you want to be sure.
You might be surprised to learn how many local websites offer half price certificates for everything from tanning to specialty cupcakes. With this many deals around, there’s really no reason to pay full price for, well, anything!
We’ve compiled a list of 5 make that 6 half price certificate sources, and we’ll keep researching to find more for you to bookmark!
- Thanks to reader Becky for tipping us off to a sixth site after our original post! 100.3 the Peak offers PEAK Perks every Wednesday. Current offers include Boston’s Pizza and Star Bright Cleaners — all for half off! (Ed. note: Several of the “Current Offers” are marked “Temporarily Postponed,” which kind of blows. But the available offers look good. We guess you need to jump on these pronto every Wednesday or risk losing out!)
- 93.3 KKOB-FM and 99.5 Magic FM Half Price Hook-Up: Offers $25 certificates for $12.50. Current offers include Tan America, Blvd. Automotive, and Eternal Youth Medical Spa.
- Good Day NM, sponsored by KOB TV, Half Price Thursdays: Offers vary; usually two $25 certificates for $25, but sometimes offers things like five $10 certificates for $25. You get the idea. Current offers include Charcoal Mediterranean Grill, Noble Collectibles, and Cosmetic Dentistry of New Mexico.
- Alibi Bucks courtesy of your fave alternative newspaper: Certificate values vary, but all are half price. Current offers include 8th St House of Natural Therapeutics, Bumble Bee’s Baja Grill, and Central Park Hair Studio. Thanks to loyal reader Barbara for tipping us off to this!
- 999dine.com: We’ve raved several times before about 999dine’s half price dining certificates. There’s simply no reason to pay full price when dining out in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, or Taos!
- Restaurant.com: This national website offers dining certificates for less than half price, and if you sign up for their e-mail alerts, you’ll frequently receive offers for certificates at 80% off! Another great thing about Restaurant.com is that you can print out certificates for placing you plan on traveling to. Save some bucks while on vacation.
Do you know of other sources for half price certificates on the web? Tell us by e-mail or via the comments!