Comments Off on FREE GAME NIGHTS FOR KIDS & FAMILIES
If you’re into board and table games, chess, checkers, or cribbage — or if you’d like to be — you have a few options in the Duke City area.
The Lomas Tramway Library has free game nights for ages 5 and up on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Play the library’s board games or bring you own. Lomas Tramway Library is located at 908 Eastridge NE.
Active Imagination Game Store, 11200 Montgomery NE #10 (Juan Tabo & Montgomery) offers several free game nights, including:
- Board game night every Thursday at 7:00pm; bring your own game
- Dungeons & Dragons, Sundays at noon
- Star Wars Minis, Thursdays at 7:00pm and Saturdays at noon
- Yu-Gi-Oh Play and Trade, Saturdays at noon
- Warhammer & Flames of War, Sundays at noon
- Confrontation & AT43, Wednesdays at 7:00pm
- Monster Apocalypse, Sundays at 2:00pm
Cherry Hills Library and East Mountain Library both offer official Pokemon Leagues. At Cherry Hills, ages 6-15 play every Tuesday at 1:00pm. At East Mountain, 1 Old Tijeras Rd (next to the Post Office) in Tijeras, ages 7-15 play at 2:00pm the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month.
Sandia Peggers Cribbage Club offers free classes for kids age 10-14. Adults can play for $5 and students for $2. Saturdays 9:00am to 12:30pm. Sessions are held at the County Communications Centers, 10401 Holly NE.
In Rio Rancho, Loma Colorado Library offers Chess ‘N Checkers every Tuesday at 4:30pm for players age 4-12. Bring a chess set if you have one.