Comments Off on Friday Food Freebies and Deals for 10/2/2009
Cheap Eats, Good Cause: “Pop in For Pink” and burgers for $1 at Sunflower Farmer’s Market on Saturday, October 3 from 11:00am – 3:00pm at both their Lomas and San Mateo locations. Get some grub, and help support Breast Cancer Awareness month all at the same time!
Big Eats at Little Anita’s: An abundance of coupons brought to you by coupons4abq.com for eating cheap or for FREE at Little Anita’s on 4th street. It’s awesome, it’s local, and we only hear good things about the green chile!
BOGO Coffee: Hey un-paid interns, impress your boss even more and bring them coffee with this buy one medium drink, get one free deal from Seattle’s Best in Border’s. Located at ABQ Uptown, good through October 8.
Free Sub: Grab lunch with a friend (or be greedy and get two sandwiches!) with this coupon. Buy a Quizno’s sub and a drink and receive a FREE sub until October 12. At any participating Quizno’s in the ABQ area.
Honey Baked and Delicious: From now until October 31 (aahhh, Halloween!), use these coupons at Honey Baked Ham Co. on Menaul for $7-off a half ham, or $11.99 dinner for two. Have a night in, or a night out!
Used to be the “Early Bird Special” was for senior citizens who dined before 5:00pm, which left the rest of us out in the cold. Not anymore.
Texas Roadhouse is offering a choice of 10 complete dinners (entree, two sides, fresh bread) for just $7.99 when you eat before 6:00pm Mondays through Thursdays. Choices include 6 oz. sirloin, pulled pork, chicken critters, and more — plus three entree salads (no sides with these). The 6:00pm cut-off means you can sneak out for a mid-week dinner date and still do it on the cheap. Can’t beat that!
Texas Roadhouse has one location in Albuquerque: 5900 Pan American. More info or call-ahead seating: 856-2226.
Comments Off on HALF PRICE (OR LESS) LOCAL DINING CERTIFICATES
We have talked about restaurant.com before as a source of discount dining certificates, but did you know there is a local website that offers half-price (or less) dining certificates strictly for Albuquerque restaurants?
At 999dine.com, you can buy meals for half off — or less! We recently found certificates for Albuquerque restaurants 66 Diner, Annapurna, La Provence Brasserie, Los Equipales, McGrath’s, O’Niell’s, One Up, Paisano’s, and many others (48 in all). In fact, we bought a $25 dining certificate to One Up Restaurant & Lounge for just $10! Shut up! $25 worth of premium dining for only a sawbuck? Suh-weet!
We love free food. Discount dining. Gratis grub. Whatever you call it, dining discounts are tops in our book.
Hence, we’ve been joining restaurant e-clubs for several years. Some are great. Some are stinkers. (We won’t name names.) To make our “great” list, an e-club or newsletter must offer a freebie simply for joining, must send regular offers, and must not send irrelevant come-ons or spam. Here are 11 restaurant e-clubs worth joining.
- Mimi’s Cafe. Upon joining, you’ll receive an e-mail offer for a free breakfast entree. Throughout the year, you’ll receive periodic offers. Recently, we’ve received offers for “Valentine’s Dinner for 2 for $25.99” and “$5 off any $15 breakfast check.” And let’s face it: who doesn’t love Mimi’s muffins?
- Texas Roadhouse. Joining the “VIP Roadie” club gets you a certificate for a free appetizer: Tater Skins, Rattlesnake Bites, Cheese Fries, or Cactus Blossom. We haven’t received any further offers since joining around the 1st of the year, but then again we haven’t received any spam. Also, if you’ve never been to the Texas Roadhouse before, tell your server it’s your first visit. The manager will come and present you with a certificate for a free appetizer on your next visit.
- Red Robin. Not only does Red Robin offer you a free burger on your birthday, but they also have a Kids’ Club that gifts your spawn with a free kid’s meal on his/her birthday.
- Village Inn. Sign up for their e-newsletter and receive a welcome coupon good for a free entree (with purchase of an adult entree and two beverages).
- Denny’s. Receive a welcome gift of 20% off your entire bill when you sign up to receive promotions by e-mail. Great excuse to lasso a bunch of friends for a late breakfast after a night of clubbing.
- Chili’s. Just for joining, you’ll receive a certificate good for free chips and salsa with purchase of an entree.
- Landry’s Seafood House. Sends you a welcome gift certificate for $5 off lunch or dinner. Obviously, lunch is the better deal.
- Black Angus (Stuart Anderson’s). Free dessert for joining; free steak dinner on your birthday! Nice bar, too.
- Sweet Tomatoes. Club Veg sent us a welcome coupon for 15% off our next meal, good for up to 4 adults (with some restrictions). Plus, they send you an e-mail every month with specials, and that means much more frequent discounts than the others offer.
- Buca di Beppo. Joe offers you a free small appetizer as a welcome gift, free dessert on your birthday, and even a gift on your anniversary.
- Boston’s Restaurant & Sports Bar. Offers you a free appetizer welcome gift.
The great thing about e-clubs is that the welcome e-mail generally arrives in your inbox within 24 hours of joining. So you can sign up today and plan to eat out on Friday. In fact, that’s a great idea, since most of the welcome offers expire fairly quickly.
Do you have a favorite restaurant e-club that we missed? Drop us a line to let us know! And if you know of any locally owned restaurants that offer e-clubs or similar deals, we’d love to hear about it.
Comments Off on BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ENTREE: T.G.I. FRIDAY’S
We’re on a roll today with food offers. Get it? A roll. OK, sorry.
Now through March 1, you can get one entree free when you buy one with this coupon from T.G.I. Friday’s.
To my knowledge, there is only one T.G.I. Friday’s in Albuquerque anymore, and it’s located over by Cottonwood Mall. The one at Winrock closed down last fall.