Lavender in the Village Festival 2012
The Los Ranchos de Albuquerque Lavender in the Village festival includes live entertainment, cooking demos, how to grow lavender, lavender crafts and activities, and plenty for the kids to do. This sweet summer festival skipped a year in 2011, so it’s great to see it back again this year!
It’ll be a fragrant weekend at the Lavender in the Village Festival in Los Ranchos on Saturday and Sunday July 14 and 15, 2012, with family fun including:
- Lavender crafts and activities
- Cooking with lavender demonstrations
- Live music including Muddy River String Band, Watermelon Mountain Jug Band, and The Todd Tijerina Band
- Kids’ activities including face painting, water play, storytelling, and a baby animals petting area
- A Pet Parade on July 14 at 9:45 am with awards (it’s free to register your own pet to the parade, from 9 am)
- Wine tours of Casa Rondeña Winery
- Author events
- Family Fun Run/Walk on July 15 at 8 am (fee required to participate)
- And of course, lots of lavender goodies to buy!
Check out the Lavender in the Village Festival schedule as there’s far too much going on to mention it all here.
Admission is a sweet deal too – $3 for adults, $2 for kids, and admission is free for children under age 10.
However, it is free to visit the Los Ranchos Growers’ Market which happens on Saturday July 14 from 7 am to 1 pm, with expert presentations on growing and cooking with lavender and garlic, and making lavender wands. (Village Hall, 6718 Rio Grande Boulevard NW.)
The Agri-Nature Center is the hub of the event, with the entertainment stage, demonstrations, author talks, and kids’ area and activities. Shuttles will be available between the Agri-Nature Center and the other major venues.
Lavender in the Village admission includes activities at all locations except a few special events, such as participation in the fun run.
Lavender in the Village Festival takes place:
- When: July 14 and July 15, 2012
- Time: 8 am to 4 pm both days
- Where: Various Los Ranchos locations, with The Agri-Nature Center as the focus for many events and entertainment, but also including the Growers’ Market, Casa Rondeña Winery, and some Antique Mile / 4th Street merchants.
- Price: $3 adults, $2 for kids, free for kids under 10 – cash only
The Village of Los Ranchos de Albuquerque map of festival locations also shows parking and the shuttle route between venues – in case all that soothing lavender makes you too relaxed to walk or drive!