National Parks Free Veterans Day Weekend
In honor of Veterans Day, all National Parks that usually charge admission fees are free for all visitors for three days over the Veterans Day weekend, from November 11-13, 2011.
The Veterans Day free admission to National Parks all weekend is in tribute to America’s current and previously serving armed forces, and although it’s in gratitude for their service, the free entry applies to all visitors.
This is the last of the National Parks free entrance days for 2011, offering a great opportunity to to take a day trip, get outside, and make the most of these lovely fall days. If you’re in the mood for a weekend trip, the free admissions include Grand Canyon National Park, Bryce Canyon, and Yellowstone National Park.
New Mexico National Parks that usually charge a fee but are free from Friday November 11 to Sunday November 13 are:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument (Only some trails and areas of Bandelier are open, much remains closed following the Las Conchas fire. Check their website at the link to see the list of open areas. )
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument (The Gila Cliff Dwellings are currently closed, but the Gila visitor center is open with guided tours of the TJ Site at 11 am and 2 pm daily. See the park website for latest details.)
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument