National Parks Free Martin Luther King Jr Day
As the first in a series of National Parks Fee-Free Days to come this year, more than 100 National Parks across the country that usually charge admission fees are free for all on January 19, 2015. This is in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
The Monday, January 19 free admission day includes these New Mexico National Parks that are waiving their usual fee:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
Wherever you’re going for a day trip, check the links above for current conditions at the park in case they have any special weather or other info you need to know, and some may have free events for the holiday too.