National Parks Free Admission: September 24
More than 100 national parks that usually charge admission fees are free for all on National Parks Free Entrance Days.
If you missed our previous post, here’s a reminder that it’s a National Parks free admission day on Saturday September 24, 2011 to celebrate Public Lands Day. It’s a great excuse to take a day trip, get outside, and make the most of the last great days of summer.
Parks that usually charge admission but are free on September 24 include the New Mexico National Parks on this list:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument (but check with them in advance, only some sections of Bandelier are open. Much remains closed following the Las Conchas fire.)
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
The next round of Free National Parks Entrance Days is on November 11-13 for Veterans Day weekend. So mark your calendar now. Or, of course, make sure you subscribe to ABQ on the Cheap – ‘cos you know I’ll remind you!