National Parks Free Admission: September 24
More than 100 national parks that usually charge admission fees are free for all on National Parks Free Entrance Days.
We’ve got a National Parks free admission day coming right up on Saturday September 24, 2011 to celebrate Public Lands Day. It’s a great excuse to take a day trip, get outside, and make the most of the last great days of summer. (Assuming summer returns. It’s feeling a tad autumnal at time of writing.)
Parks that usually charge admission but are free on September 24 include the New Mexico National Parks on this list:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument (but check with them in advance, only some sections of Bandelier are open. Much remains closed following the Las Conchas fire.)
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
The next round of Free National Parks Entrance Days is on November 11-13 for Veterans Day weekend. So mark your calendar now. Or, of course, make sure you subscribe to ABQ on the Cheap – ‘cos you know I’ll remind you!