National Parks Free Admission: June 21
More than 100 national parks that usually charge admission fees are free for all on National Parks Free Entrance Days.
We’ve got a National Parks free admission day coming right up on Tuesday June 21, 2011 to celebrate the summer solstice. As the first day of summer falls on a week day, it’s not quite as convenient for most of us as the free park days on the weekends. But for those who can make it in the week, or for parents looking for a fun day with the kids, it’s a great excuse to take a day trip.
Parks that usually charge admission but are free on June 21 include the New Mexico National Parks on this list:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
The next round of Free Entrance Days in Your National Parks is on September 24 for Public Lands Day. So mark your calendar now. Or, of course, make sure you subscribe to ABQ on the Cheap – ‘cos you know I’ll remind you!