National Parks Free Admission: January 14-16
If you’re already tired of Monday and looking forward to Next Weekend (capital N, capital W) you might want to take a trip to enjoy National Parks Free Entrance Days.
Over 100 national parks that usually charge admission fees are free for all on January 14 – 16, 2012, in honor of the Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend.
That includes free admission to New Mexico National Parks on this list:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument Some areas of Bandelier remain closed, following last year’s Las Conchas fire. Check their website at the link to for details.
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument is also included in the free admission weekend, although The Gila Cliff Dwellings are currently closed. But a visitor center is open with guided tours of the TJ Site at 11 am and 2 pm daily. See the park website for latest details.
The next round of 2012 Free Entrance Days in Your National Parks runs from April 21-29 for National Park Week. So mark your calendar now. Or, of course, make sure you subscribe to ABQ on the Cheap – ‘cos you know I’ll remind you!