National Park Week Free Admission: April 19-20
If you’re ready to step into spring and get into the Great American Outdoors then plan ahead for National Park Week 2014.
Usually during National Park Week we get free access to parks for the whole week. This year they seem to be cutting back, as the free admission to parks is only on the opening weekend: April 19-20.
Still, those fee-free days means you can enter every one of the country’s 400+ national parks for free – and we’ve got plenty to choose from in New Mexico!
During the Free National Park Days from on Saturday April 19 and Sunday April 20, 2014, all national parks that usually charge for entry waive the admission fee and you can explore without paying a cent. It’s a good excuse to plan a day trip to visit a park you don’t know yet, or return to an old favorite, with options from the Grand Canyon to Yosemite.
The New Mexico National Parks with free admission on April 19-20 include:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
Wherever you’re going, check the links above for current conditions at the park in case they have any special weather or other park alerts or info you need to know, and some may have free events