National Park Week Free Admission: April 22 – 26
If you missed my previous post on this, here’s a reminder that during National Park Week 2013 you can enter every one of the country’s 401 national parks for free . We’ve got plenty of choices here in New Mexico!
During Free National Park Week from Monday April 22 to Friday April 26, 2013, all national parks that usually charge for entry waive the admission fee and you can explore and get out into the beautiful big country without paying a cent. It’s a good excuse to plan a day trip to visit a park you don’t know yet, or return to an old favorite, with options from the Grand Canyon to Yosemite.
The New Mexico National Parks with free admission from April 22-26, 2013, include:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument (Although note that Alcove House is closed to visitors from April 17 to the end of June.)
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
Wherever you’re going, check the links above for current conditions at the park in case they have any special weather or other park alerts or info you need to know, and some may have free events too.