National Parks Free Veterans Day Weekend
In honor of Veterans Day, all National Parks that usually charge admission fees are free for all visitors for three days over the Veterans Day weekend, from November 9-11, 2013.
The Veterans Day free admission to National Parks all weekend is in tribute to America’s current and previously serving armed forces. Although it’s in gratitude for their military service, the free entry applies to all visitors.
This is the last of the National Parks free entrance days for 2013, offering a great opportunity to to take a day trip, get outside, and make the most of these last fall days. If you’re in the mood for a weekend road trip, the free admissions include Grand Canyon National Park, Bryce Canyon, and Yellowstone National Park, among more than 100 parks waiving their fees.
New Mexico National Parks that usually charge a fee but are free from Saturday November 9 to Monday November 11 are:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
Wherever you’re going, check current conditions at the park at the above links. They might have alerts about access or any areas of the parks that are closed. Some may have special free events you can join in too!