Blue Star Free Museums Admission for Active Military Summer 2014
Participating Albuquerque museums and others across New Mexico offer free admission to military personnel and family members, through Labor Day, September 1, 2014.
The terrific Blue Star Museums initiative is a partnership between Blue Star Families, the National Endowment for the Arts, and 2,000+ museums and monuments nationwide, to give free admission to active duty military personnel and their families. Be sure to take advantage of this discount before it ends on September 1, 2014.
The free admission is for the military ID holder plus up to 5 immediate family members, defined as a spouse or child, aunts, uncles, and grandparents etc. Families of deployed military can still benefit from the offer with the required documentation. Some special museum exhibits may not be included in the program. And – sorry! – the offer isn’t for veterans.
The Blue Star Museums FAQ gives full details on who is eligible and the required ID – please read those before setting off!
Here’s the list of participating New Mexico Museums and state monuments- but keep checking the Blue Star Museums page, more might join later (we can only hope!):
- Albuquerque Museum
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- National Hispanic Cultural Center
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
- Coronado State Monument
- Unser Racing Museum
Santa Fe museums:
- New Mexico History Museum and the Palace of the Governors
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum
- Museum of International Folk Art
- Museum of Spanish Colonial Art
- Museum of Indian Arts and Culture
Other New Mexico museums:
- Millicent Rogers Museum Taos
- Taos Art Museum at Fechin House Taos
- The Kit Carson Home and Museum Taos
- The New Mexico Museum of Space History Alamogordo
- Los Alamos Historical Museum Los Alamos
- Bradbury Science Museum Los Alamos
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial State Park Angel Fire
- Jemez State Monument Jemez Springs
- Silver City Museum Silver City
- New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum Las Cruces
- Artesia Historical Museum and Art Center Artesia