Albuquerque National Get Outdoors Day June 12
The second annual National Get Outdoors Day encourages us to back slowly away from the remote control and brave the Realm of No Air Conditioning, otherwise known as Outside.
Once we’re there, we’ll find free outdoor fun for all the family this Saturday for National Get Outdoors Day (GO Day). The event at Tingley Beach includes:
- Rock climbing walls
- Camping demonstrations
- Fishing clinic (I think this is in the morning, 10 am to noon – call the BioPark to be sure)
- Wildlife watching
- Short guided hikes into the bosque
- GPS and orienteering
- Free prize drawings for outdoor gear and America the Beautiful Passes worth $80
- Bring your camera to take photos with Smokey Bear and (woof!) Bobber the Water Safety Dog.
You can also get more info about cheap outdoor activities and local events this summer.
National Get Outdoors Day is not actually a full day, just kind of an extended lunchtime, so we can probably all manage that.
- When: Saturday June 12, 2010
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm
- Where: Tingley Beach, 1800 Tingley Dr SW
And it’s all totally free.