Free Auto Show with Free Refreshments June 18-19
The Father’s Day weekend auto show promises vintage cars, tractors, hot rods and motorbikes, and the raffle to win a 1964 ½ Ford Mustang… admission is free and they’re throwing in gratis food and drink too!
Highlights of the fifth annual Sagebrush Auto Show, on June 18 and 19, 2011, include:
- 200+ classic cars, custom cars, hot rods, motorcycles, tractors and trucks, plus an Albuquerque Fire Department Ladder Truck, a BIG Danlar tow truck, and the O’Reilly NASCAR transport. Car clubs at the show include Classic Chevy Club of Albuquerque, the Legacy Riders, and La Familia Lowriders Club.
- The Old Car Cruise starts at 3 pm on Saturday June 18 from TGI Friday’s parking lot at Cottonwood Mall, arriving at the Sagebrush Community Church at about 3:30 pm for the opening of the show
- An awards ceremony with prizes for winning wheels on Sunday June 19 at 2 pm
- Raffle to win a 1964 ½ Ford Mustang in original condition – tickets are $20 each and the drawing is scheduled for Sunday June 19 at 2 pm during the awards ceremony
- All events are free, plus free food (hot dogs to go with the hot rods) and drink.
The official Sagebrush Auto Show 2011 website is remarkably sparse in information at time of writing, but these are the times and information provided directly to us by the event organizers. You can also see updates on the show on the Auto Show Facebook page (no log-in required).
The 2011 Father’s Day Auto Show takes place:
- Saturday June 18 from 3:30 – 9 pm
- Sunday June 19 from 9 am – 3 pm
- At the Sagebrush Community Church Riverside Campus.
The Sagebrush Community Church is located at 6440 Coors Blvd. NW, at Coors and La Orilla.