Lavender in the Village Festival 2010
Live entertainment, cooking classes, lavender crafts and activities, wine tour and tastings, and plenty for the kids to do at this sweet summer festival on Saturday and Sunday June 26 and 27, 2010.
It’ll be a fragrant weekend at the 7th annual Lavender in the Village Festival in Los Ranchos, with family fun including:
- Lavender crafts and activities
- Cooking with lavender classes
- Live music including Kim & The Caballeros, Los Amigos, Muddy River String Band
- Kids’ activities including face painting and a petting zoo
- A Pet Parade on Sunday 27 at 10 am ($5 if you want to enter your pet)
- Wine tasting and tours of Casa Rondeña Winery
- Author events
- Eco-education workshops
- Family Fun Run/Walk on Saturday at 8 am (fee required to participate)
- And of course, lots of lavender goodies to buy!
The admission fees are a sweet deal too – $3 for adults, $2 for kids, and admission is free for children under age 10. (Cash only for admission.)
Admission includes activities at all locations (except participation in the fun run and pet parade, and tickets for the Friday night Barn Dance and Dinner.) It’s always free of course to visit the Los Ranchos Growers’ Market.
- When: June 26 and 27, 2010
- Time: 8 am to 4 pm both days
The Barn Pavilion & Village Green
Los Poblanos Inn and Lavender Fields
Casa Rondeña Winery
Growers’ Market at the Village Green and some 4th Street merchants
- Price: $3 adults, $2 for kids, free for under 10s – cash only
The map of the festival locations in the Village of Los Ranchos de Albuquerque also shows where you can pick up the shuttle to take you between the events – in case all that soothing lavender makes you too relaxed to walk or drive!