Balloon Museum Spring Break Family Day: March 13
The Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum Spring Break Family Day might be just the answer if you’re looking for something different (and cheap or even free) to do with the kids while they’re off school.
The Albuquerque Balloon Museum Spring Break Family Day is on Wednesday March 13, 2013. Take a picnic to enjoy on the lawn, kids have plenty of space to run around there 😉 and join family day activities.
If you go for the free Stories in the Sky program from 9:30 to 10:15 am you can stay on for the rest of the day’s activities for free too! After 10:15 am you pay regular museum admission.
The Stories in the Sky program is for kids aged 6 months to 6 years and is free for children and accompanying adults. On March 13, the Stories in the Sky line-up includes music by the Sage Harrington Duo and stories by Laurie Magovern.
The rest of the Spring Break Family day activities run from 10:15 am – 3 pm and include:
- Kite-flying (take your kite) or make a windsock to fly outside
- Games with bubbles and parachutes, sidewalk art, and weather scavenger hunts around the museum.
- Butterfly demonstrations with Wings of Enchantment and a butterfly presentation at 1 pm
- 11 am – Live music by the Sage Harrington Duo
- 12 noon – Live music by the New Mexican Marimba Band
- 1:45 pm – Balloon sculpture with Tall Paul
And of course you can check out the Balloon Museum exhibits while you’re there. I hope they’ll have the hot air balloon simulator in action. I love that gizmo – but always ‘land’ in the river.
Balloon Museum Spring Break Family Day events on March 13 come with regular museum admission from
10:15 am. (It’s free admission earlier if you go for Stories in the Sky from 9:30 to 10:15 am.)
- Adults: $4, or $3 for New Mexico residents. Take NM resident ID to get the $1 off admission!
- Seniors aged 65+: $2
- Children 4 – 12: $1
- Kids aged 3 and under get in free!
Some activities depend on weather, so let’s hope it’s a warm and calm day. If you miss the Spring Break Family Day, then maybe take the family to the Balloon Museum on Sunday morning – it’s free admission for all every Sunday from 9 am to 1 pm, barring Balloon Fiesta weeks.
Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum is at 9201 Balloon Museum Dr NE.