Arts Market and Pet Fest Weekend
The free Tijeras Arts Market and Pet Fest on Saturday and Sunday September 4-5, 2010, looks like great family fun. Bring your pooch, parrot, or other pet to the Pet Fest , and hang out to enjoy the live music, arts market, and prizes. Kids will love it, and there’s discounted microchipping too – for the pets, not the kids!
The outdoor Tijeras Arts Market and Pet Fest takes place in the shady apple orchard with music pavilion by the Just Imagine Gallery & Coffee House. They’ve got quite a lot lined up for this Labor Day Weekend event:
- Pet contests with prizes for a wide range of pet categories which could include: dog with the most spots, most unusual pet, best-dressed pet, cutest pet, pet that looks most like its owner, and just about anything else they think up. Contests will be pretty free-flowing, happening whenever there are enough pets present to warrant an on-the-spot competition.
- Live music from Gene Corbin on Saturday; Los Radiators followed by Gary Reynolds & his Southwest Wind Band on Sunday.
- Discounted microchipping for pets (prices unconfirmed as yet, but we’re hearing somewhere around 50% off, although that’s not set in stone.)
- Rescue organization will be on site with dogs available for adoption
And of course, as it is an arts market, you can browse the booths to see work from local New Mexican artists.
- When: Saturday and Sunday September 4 – 5, 2010
- Time: 10 am – 5 pm (pet contests as and when there are enough pets around)
- Where: Tijeras Arts Market, Just Imagine Gallery & Coffee House
- Price: Free!
The evening before the Arts Market and Pet Fest Just Imagine Gallery is holding an artist reception with Ming Franz, splash ink artist and watercolorist, with refreshments. That’s on Friday September 3 at 4:30 – 7:30 pm.
Check the map at the link for directions: The Tijeras Arts Market at Just Imagine Gallery & Coffee House is located in Tijeras, 7 miles east of Albuquerque.