Albuquerque Zoo Boo: Kids Go Free
Albuquerque BioPark celebrates Halloween with the annual Albuquerque Zoo Boo on October 26, 2013, and kids get free admission!
The 25th annual Albuquerque Zoo Boo haunts the Albuquerque BioPark Zoo on Saturday October 26, from 11 am to 4 pm. Four costumed children get free admission to the event with a paying adult, and adult admission is $9 for New Mexico residents with ID. (Adult admission is $12.50 for non-residents.)
If you want to do the math another way, if one New Mexico resident grown-up takes four not-yet-grown-ups, you all enjoy Zoo Boo for less than $2 per person! ABQ BioPark defines a child as aged 3-12 for its regular tickets. Make sure the small humans go in costume though! (As if you could stop them.)
Expect to spook it up at the Albuquerque Zoo Boo with:
- Games and Haunted Habitats
- Trick-or-treating with candy from local sponsors
- Backyard Boo for tiny tots
- A costume parade and judging for children aged 12 and under. There are three different contests at various times. Baby Boo & Cutest is at 11:30 am, then Best Boy Costume & Best Girl Costume at 1:30 pm, followed by Scariest & Funniest at 3:30 pm.
- A screaming contest with the first round starting at 12:30 pm. Boy, I should enter that. Especially if they have any of those creepy-crawlies on the loose at the zoo!
- A Jack-o-lanterns display from the BioPark’s staff pumpkin carving contest.
- Entertainment from KISS-FM.
Halloween is such a special occasion for kids and the Albuquerque Zoo Boo at the ABQ BioPark provides a fun alternative to trick-or-treating. Zoo Boo has been the zoo’s busiest day of the year in past years, and it gives the parents a price break! It’s great that the event is celebrating its quarter century.
A free Park and ride will be available from the Aquarium and Botanic Garden parking lot from 10 am – 5 pm.
New Mexico BioPark Society members get free admission (as they always do to all ABQ BioPark facilities).
Go scare yourself at Albuquerque Zoo Boo:
- When: Saturday, October 26, 2013
- Time: 11 am – 4 pm
- Where: ABQ BioPark Zoo
- Admission: 4 costumed children get free admission with a paying adult.
The ABQ BioPark Zoo, formerly the Rio Grande Zoo, is located at 903 10th St. SW.