Albuquerque Tomato Fiesta 2011
Fruit or vegetable? Let’s not argue about it. At the peak of summer, nothing tastes better than a homegrown tomato. And if you’re as crazy about tomatoes as we are here at Cheap Central, you won’t want to miss this very juicy annual event. It’s cheap too!
The 2011 Albuquerque Tomato Fiesta takes place Sunday, August 21, from 11 am – 3 pm, at the Albuquerque Garden Center.
Presented by the Albuquerque Area Extension Master Gardeners, the fiesta offers lots of activities for a $5 admission fee, and kids under 12 are FREE! (Or rather their admission is, I don’t suppose they’re growing kids beside the tomato plants to give away.)
Albuquerque Tomato Fiesta includes:
- Heirloom tomato tasting
- Plant clinic
- Free gardening seminars at 11:30 am (Tomatoes 101); 12:30 pm (Preserving Tomatoes); 1:30 pm (Organic Gardening)
- Cooking demonstrations
- Kids’ activities
- Music by the Alpha Blue Trio
- Fresh produce for sale
This event is sponsored by Montano Acura, High Country Gardens, Big I 107.9, and Jericho Nursery.
- When: Sunday August 21, 2011
- Time: 11 am – 3 pm
- Where: Albuquerque Garden Center
- Price: $5 adults, free for kids aged under 12
Albuquerque Garden Center is located at 10120 Lomas Blvd NE, at Eubank.