Albuquerque Founders Day Fiesta
Albuquerque Founders Day Fiesta 2014 celebrates the city turning the grand old age of 308, and the Fiestas de Albuquerque party includes music, entertainment, kids’ activities, demonstrations, and more…
Founders Day Fiestas de Albuquerque is on Saturday April 12, 2014, from 12 noon to 5 pm. Here’s a reminder that all the day’s fun is focused around Old Town, with various activities to celebrate the city’s history and culture. The festivities feature Albuquerque’s heritage from the Native American Era, the Spanish Era, the Mexican Era, the Territorial Era, and the Albuquerque Now Era.
Founders Day Fiestas de Albuquerque free activities on April 12 include:
- Children’s activities including a rock wall for climbing, face painting, and panning for gold.
- A paper art workshop by the Consulado de Mexico en Albuquerque for all ages,
- Entertainment including National Institute of Flamenco, Buffalo Bill, Cowboys & Indian hillbilly band, musician Gonzalo, Valley High School Ballet Folklorico Del Sol, Maraichi Sonidos del Monte and Folklorico Fiesta Mexicana
- 3:30 pm Founders Day Procession
- 3-Time Boxing World Champion Danny Romero and MMA Superstar Keith Jardine will make an appearance as part of the New Mexico Sports Ambassador Program.
See the full Fiestas de Albuquerque schedule.
Happy birthday Albuquerque! You look better with every new candle on the cake!