National Train Day: May 10
It’s Albuquerque’s 2014 National Train Day event on Saturday May 10 at the Downtown Alvarado Transportation Center. So what does National Train Day involve? Free strap-hanging? Wishing the gentleman sitting next to us would stop snoring on our shoulder? No indeedy! It looks like a lot of fun with free activities and entertainment.
Albuquerque National Train Day takes place on May 10 from 1 pm to 5 pm and includes:
- Tours of New Mexico Rail Runner Express, Amtrak, and BNSF rail cars
- Displays of model trains
- Mini train rides
- Explora does its stuff with kids’ activities
- A rock climbing wall, face painting with Jingles the Clown, solar telescope and other activities
- Meet the new Rail Runner mascot
- Hourly raffles with prizes – no purchase necessary
- Local food vendors (of course!)
Albuquerque National Train Day takes place:
When: Saturday May 10, 2014
Time: 1 – 5 pm
Where: Downtown Alvarado Transportation Center
If you’re new in town or just not terribly observant, Alvarado Transportation Center is located on the corner of 1st Street SW and Central Avenue.