National Train Day: May 12
It’s Albuquerque’s second annual National Train Day event on Saturday May 12, 2012, at the Downtown Alvarado Transportation Center. So what does National Train Day involve? Free strap-hanging? Wishing the gentleman sitting next to us would stop snoring on our shoulder? No indeedy! It looks like a lot of fun with free activities and entertainment.
Albuquerque National Train Day takes place on May 12 from 1 pm to 5 pm and includes:
- Tours of New Mexico Rail Runner Express, Amtrak, and BNSF rail cars
- Entertainment including La Rondalla de Albuquerque, Mariachi San Jose, and Mustang Pride Marching Band.
- Displays from model train clubs.
- Explora does its stuff with kids’ activities
- Wheels Museum free shuttle and Harvey House display.
- Kids’ interactive train display from Santa Fe Children’s Museum
- Train safety info and prizes.
Albuquerque National Train Day takes place:
When: Saturday May 12, 2012
Time: 1 – 5 pm
Where: Downtown Alvarado Transportation Center
If you’re new in town or just not terribly observant, Alvarado Transportation Center is located on the corner of 1st Street SW and Central Avenue.