ABQ BioPark Zoo Boo: Kids Go Free
Albuquerque BioPark celebrates Halloween with Zoo Boo on October 27, 2012, and kids get free admission!
The 24th annual Albuquerque Zoo Boo haunts the Albuquerque BioPark Zoo on Saturday October 27, from 11 am to 4 pm. Four costumed children get free admission to the event with a paying adult, and adult admission is $10. If you want to do the math another way, if one grown-up takes four not-yet-grown-ups, you all enjoy Zoo Boo for $2 per person! (ABQ BioPark defines a child as aged 3-12 for its regular tickets.)
Expect to spook it up at ABQ Zoo Boo with:
- Games and Haunted Habitats.
- Backyard Boo for tiny tots.
- A costume parade and judging for children aged 12 and under. There are three different contests at various times. Baby Boo & Cutest is at 11:30 am, then Best Boy Costume & Best Girl Costume at 1:30 pm, followed by Scariest & Funniest at 3:30 pm.
- I Scream for Funky Monkey Ice Cream Contests at 12:30 and 2:30 pm.
- A Jack-o-lanterns display from the BioPark’s staff pumpkin carving contest.
- Entertainment from KISS-FM.
- PLUS they promise “sweet treats” from local sponsors handing out candy throughout the zoo.
Halloween is such a special occasion for kids, and the Albuquerque BioPark Zoo Boo provides a fun alternative to trick or treating. Zoo Boo is the zoo’s busiest day of the year, and it gives the parents a price break!
A free Park and ride will be available from the Aquarium and Botanic Garden parking lot from 10 am – 5 pm.
New Mexico BioPark Society members get free admission (as they always do to all ABQ BioPark facilities).
Go scare yourself at Zoo Boo:
- When: Saturday, October 27, 2012
- Time: 11 am – 4 pm
- Where: ABQ BioPark Zoo
- Admission: 4 costumed children get free admission with a paying ($10) adult. Taking more kids? It’s an additional $4.50 per child.
The ABQ BioPark Zoo, formerly the Rio Grande Zoo, is located at 903 10th St. SW.