Tax Day Freebies and Deals 2012
Tax Day 2012 is Tuesday April 17, in case you are blissfully unaware. So you’ve survived your IRS forms, or maybe are still struggling through them? We’ve got tax relief in the form of Tax Day treats to sweeten the deal. If you know of any other Albuquerque tax day offers, or if your business offers a deal, email ABQ on the Cheap or leave a note in the comment box below!
- 15% off all P.F Chang’s food purchases on April 17. Dine in or take out. Not valid on beverages, happy hour food, or P.F. Chang’s for Two, but otherwise just turn up with a taxing appetite.
- Panda Express free Shanghai Angus Steak on April 17 at participating locations. This is the new Panda Express entree, and the deal is announced in a food industry publication. We’ll update the details on how to get that freebie and whether any coupon or purchase is required later in the week.
- Sonic Half Price Drinks and Slushes in an all-day happy hour on April 17.
- Arby’s Free Curly Fries on April 17 - you need to be a Facebook user to get the coupon, available from Friday April 13 to use on April 17, for one free value curly fries.
- Chili’s Grill & Bar Free Appetizer or Dessert with the purchase of an adult entree from April 16 – 18, using a printable Chili’s tax day coupon or showing it on a smart phone at participating restaurants. According to the PR Newswire press release, to get the coupon you have to be Chili’s email club member (or sign up for Chili’s email club), or get it from Facebook or Twitter.
- Two Free Cinnabon Bites on April 17 – two freebies per person between 6 pm and 8 pm – note those are both PM times, it’s an evening offer – at participating locations.
- Free HydroMassage for a little post-tax relaxation, from April 16 - 20. Click New Mexico on the map to see participating Albuquerque locations. You must call ahead to schedule, and print the free massage coupon to take with you.
If you’re still completing tax returns:
Office Depot free copying and shredding to April 16. Get up to 25 free photocopies and up to 5 pounds of shredding of confidential documents, and you can use the freebie to make copies of your tax returns or anything else at Office Depot’s Copy & Print Depot. No coupon needed.
Tax Help New Mexico from CNM/United Way is open until midnight on April 17 for last minute assistance. Certified tax preparers help tax payers file on time and online at CNM Main Campus. It’s a free service for those with household income of $50K or less, or those over aged 65.
The free H&R Block At Home program lets tax payers prepare and file Federal tax returns free online. The free edition is suitable for simpler federal tax returns (not state returns) and supports forms including Forms 1040 and 1040A Individual Income Tax Return, Form 1040EZ Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers, Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, etc. but doesn’t cover tax self-employment income (Schedule C), rental and royalty income (Schedule E), farm income (Schedule F) and shareholder/partnership income or loss (Schedule K-1).
If you hear of any other local Tax Day deals – let us know!
Note: As always, not all locations may be participating in all deals – call ahead to be sure.
Thanks to Ron for sending word about the free curly fries at Arby’s, and to Jenn at Atlanta on the Cheap for telling us about the Office Depot free copies.
–Tania FYI I’ve given you my affiliate link for the free H&R Block At Home program.