Water Conservation & Xeriscape Expo
Living in a desert, we all know the need to conserve water and make our yards as self-sustaining as possible. And in this economy, we have an added incentive to save our hard-earned cash by reducing our water bill.
The 2013 Water Conservation & Xeriscaping Expo this weekend March 2 and 3 will help you do just that. And it’s all free. We mean all! Let’s start with the admission: FREE. And the multitude of seminars? FREE. OK, there is a parking fee if you drive there, but let’s not quibble.
The Expo organized by the Xeriscape Council of New Mexico features a host of exhibitors where you can find out about cool stuff like xeriscape technology and green home and garden products, as well as browse and buy plants.
Free admission also gets you access to free seminars, including:
- Xeriscaping and Xeric design
- Water harvesting
- Drip irrigation
- Water budgeting
- Waterwise food growing
- Tree selection for Albuquerque
- Soil problems and solutions
- Landscape maintenance
- Beneficial bugs for the garden
- Strategies for adapting gardens to changes in climate
- The living landscape of New Mexico
- And more!
See all the seminar times here. The 2013 Water Conservation & Xeriscaping Expo takes place:
Saturday March 2, from 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday March 3, from 10 am – 4 pm
- Where: Expo New Mexico in the Creative Arts Building.
- Admission: Free, although expect to pay for parking – usually $5 at Expo NM, home of the State Fairgrounds.