Lavender in the Village Festival 2013
The Los Ranchos de Albuquerque Lavender in the Village festival includes live entertainment, cooking demos, how to grow lavender, lavender crafts and activities, and plenty for the kids to do. They’ve got new additions to this sweet summer festival for 2013, including beekeepers and meet a mule or donkey!
It’ll be a fragrant weekend at the Lavender in the Village Festival in Los Ranchos on Saturday and Sunday July 13 and 14, 2013, with family fun including:
- Lavender crafts and activities
- Cooking with lavender demonstrations
- Live music including Watermelon Mountain Jug Band, The Sandivas, and Railyard Reunion Band.
- Kids’ activities in the Children’s Tent including music with Susie Tallman & Friends, face painting, storytelling, and the Wings of Enchantment Butterfly Farm.
- A Pet Parade on July 13 at 10 am with awards (it’s free to register your own pet to the parade, from 9 am)
- Wine tours of Casa Rondeña Winery
- Los Ranchos Beekeepers will be talking about honey bees and how to get started keeping your own bees, with demonstration hives on site.
- Meet donkeys or mules, courtesy of the Rio Grande Mule & Donkey Association
- Family Fun Run/Walk on July 14 at 8 am (fee required to participate)
- And of course, lots of lavender goodies to buy!
Check out the Lavender in the Village Festival schedule as there’s far too much going on to mention it all here.
Admission is a little higher than last year at $5 for adults. But it’s still only $2 for kids, and admission is free for children under age 10.
The Agri-Nature Center (4920 Rio Grande Boulevard) is the hub of the event, although they only have handicapped parking available there, and no other public parking. Festival park and ride shuttles will be available.
Lavender in the Village admission includes activities at all locations except a few special events, such as participation in the fun run.
Lavender in the Village Festival takes place:
- When: July 13 and July 14, 2013
- Time: 8 am to 4 pm both days
- Where: Various Los Ranchos locations, with The Agri-Nature Center as the focus for many events and entertainment, but also including the Growers’ Market, Casa Rondeña Winery.
- Price: $5 adults, $2 for kids, free for kids under 10 – cash only
The Lavender in the Village map of festival locations also shows park and ride shuttle routes – in case all that soothing lavender makes you too relaxed to walk!