Recycled Art Fair: April 21
The City of Albuquerque’s fourth annual Recycled Art Fair talks trash on April 21, 2012, with plenty of free family fun and workshops.
The Albuquerque Recycled Art Fair at the Open Space Visitor Center is on Saturday April 21 from 9 am to 5 pm, and admission is free.
First off you can see recycled art – a.k.a. upcycled art – made from discarded materials, both in the juried art show and for sale at the booths. I guess at least you know that every piece of art is unique!
The event also includes demos and free workshops on how to make your own recycled art, including a tin punch workshop, paper-making, and free writing workshop, sustainable gardening info, kids’ activities, live music and (of course) food vendors. Highlights include:
- Kids’ creativity center and face painters
- Workshops in composting, worm composting, water harvesting, seeds, and waterwise gardening
- Styrofoam print workshop at 10am
- Free reload Your Writing workshop with Lisa Piatetsky for beginning to advanced writers at 11 am
- Chautauqua on conservationist Rachel Carson by Ann Beyke at 2 pm
The Recycled Art Fair schedule might change (or be recycled) so see the latest event details at the link.
- When: Saturday April 21, 2012
- Time: 9 am – 5 pm
- Where: Open Space Visitor Center
- Price: Free
Albuquerque Open Space Visitor Center is located at 6500 Coors Boulevard NW. (East of Coors at the end of Bosque Meadows Road, between Montano Boulevard and Paseo del Norte.)