ABQ Museum Free: Museums on Us, Bank of America & Merrill Lynch Cardholders
The Museums on Us program gives Bank of America and Merrill Lynch customers free admission to participating arts and cultural venues across the country on the first full weekend of every month. The only New Mexico museum participating in 2013 is the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History.
Visit the Albuquerque Museum on the first weekend of the month and show your Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit card or debit card as well as a photo ID, and you’ll get one free general admission. (Everyone else always gets free museum admission on Sunday mornings – see details below. )
The remaining 2013 dates for the Museums on Us weekends are:
- This weekend, August 3 and 4
- September 7 and 8
- October 5 and 6
- November 2 and 3
- December 7 and 8
If you’re traveling, there are 150 Museums on Us participating museums, arts and cultural centers nationally in 31 states – see the full list at the link.
The free admission is only for the cardholder, not for everyone you take with you, but Albuquerque Museum children’s admission aged 4 – 12 is only $1, and it’s free for kids under 3.
According to a press release, one in every two households in the country holds a qualifying card. Not at Cheap Central we don’t, despite the fact that Mr Cheap has more cards than a traveling magician. But hopefully it’ll save dollars for some of our ABQ on the Cheap readers!
If you don’t have a qualifying card, admission to the Albuquerque Museum is also free for all on:
- Sundays from 9 am to 1 pm
- All day on the first Wednesday of the month
- 5 pm to 8:30 pm on the third Thursday of every month, when the museum stays open late.
Even on free days and evenings, expect to pay the usual fees for special exhibits.
The regular admission price is:
- $4 for adults, or $3 for New Mexico residents with ID.
- BUT out-of-state visitors can get the same $3 deal for adults if they buy tickets to Albuquerque Museum online and print them out at home.
- $2 for seniors (65+) wherever you hail from
- $3 for youngsters aged 13-18
- $1 for kids aged 4-12.
- Children aged 3 and under go free.
If you’re a stranger in town, the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History is located at the corner of Mountain Road and 19th Street, in Albuquerque Old Town.