ABQ Museum Free Evening and Latin American Music
The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History offers free evening admission on select Thursdays (usually the third Thursday of each month), with talks and special events on those evenings.
The next Albuquerque Museum free Thursday evening is this Thursday July 19, 2012. There is no charge for admission from 5 pm and hours are extended until 8:30 pm.
At 6 pm there will be a free concert of Music of Latin America performed by the Chatter Players. The concert features pieces by 20th century composers who were inspired by Latin American indigenous music and instruments, and it ties in with the current museum exhibit: Exploring Art of the Ancient Americas: The John Bourne Collection.
Visitors can also grab a snack at the Slate at the Museum cafe and browse the museum gift store.
Admission to the Albuquerque Museum is also free on:
- Sundays from 9 am to 1 pm
- All day on the first Wednesday of the month
Even on free days and evenings, expect to pay the usual fees for special exhibits.
The regular admission price is:
- $4 for adults, or $3 for New Mexico residents with ID.
- BUT out-of-state visitors can get the same $3 deal for adults if they buy tickets to Albuquerque Museum online and print them out at home.
- $2 for seniors (65+) wherever you hail from
- $3 for youngsters aged 13-18
- $1 for kids aged 4-12.
- Children aged 3 and under go free.
If you’re new around these parts, the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History is located at the corner of Mountain Road and 19th Street, in Albuquerque Old Town.