ABQ Museum Free Evening & Talk: August 16
The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History offers free evening admission on select Thursdays (usually the third Thursday of each month), with talks and special events on those evenings.
The next Albuquerque Museum free Thursday evening is this Thursday August 16, 2012. There is no charge for admission from 5 pm and hours are extended until 8:30 pm.
At 6:30 pm, curator of art Andrew Connors talks about The Ancient Americas in Modern Art to tie in with their current exhibit. The talk about indigenous influences on visual arts, architecture, and music is continued with “dialogue tables” to discuss your own influences on life today. We have a dialogue table here at Cheap Central, except we call it the dinner table. I talk, and poor Mr Cheap does his best to get a word in edgewise.
Visitors can also grab a snack at the Slate at the Museum cafe and browse the museum gift store.
Admission to the Albuquerque Museum is also free on:
- Sundays from 9 am to 1 pm
- All day on the first Wednesday of the month
Even on free days and evenings, expect to pay the usual fees for special exhibits.
The regular admission price is:
- $4 for adults, or $3 for New Mexico residents with ID.
- BUT out-of-state visitors can get the same $3 deal for adults if they buy tickets to Albuquerque Museum online and print them out at home.
- $2 for seniors (65+) wherever you hail from
- $3 for youngsters aged 13-18
- $1 for kids aged 4-12.
- Children aged 3 and under go free.
If you’re visiting Albuquerque, the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History is located at the corner of Mountain Road and 19th Street, in Albuquerque Old Town.