ABQ Museum Free: Bank of America & Merrill Lynch Card Holders
The Museums on Us program gives Bank of America and Merrill Lynch customers free admission to participating arts and cultural venues on the first full weekend of every month. The only New Mexico participant in 2012 is Albuquerque Museum of Art and History.
That means if you visit the Albuquerque Museum this weekend, June 2 and 3, and show your Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit card or debit card as well as a photo ID, you’ll get one free general admission. (Everyone else always gets free museum admission on Sunday mornings – see details below. )
The free admission is only for the card holder, not for everyone you take with you, but Albuquerque Museum children’s admission aged 4 – 12 is only $1, and it’s free for kids under 3.
The Museums on Us program continues on the first full weekend of every month through 2012, so after June 2 and 3, the next ones will be July 7 and 8, and August 4 and 5.
If you don’t have a qualifying card, admission to the Albuquerque Museum is also free for all on:
- Sundays from 9 am to 1 pm
- All day on the first Wednesday of the month
Even on free days and evenings, expect to pay the usual fees for special exhibits.
The regular admission price is:
- $4 for adults, or $3 for New Mexico residents with ID.
- BUT out-of-state visitors can get the same $3 deal for adults if they buy tickets to Albuquerque Museum online and print them out at home.
- $2 for seniors (65+) wherever you hail from
- $3 for youngsters aged 13-18
- $1 for kids aged 4-12.
- Children aged 3 and under go free.
If you’re new around these parts, the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History is located at the corner of Mountain Road and 19th Street, in Albuquerque Old Town.