ABQ Folk Festival: 2 for the Price of 1 Ticket Deal, or Get $5 Off, plus Free Camping
You won’t want to miss the 2013 Albuquerque Folk Festival on Saturday June 1, and you won’t want to miss these advance ticket discounts either…
Right now you can get 2 adult tickets for $15 in a limited time deal at this link via Living Social – the regular adult ticket price is $20 each if you wait to buy on the day, or $15 each in advance. I’m not sure how long this BOGO offer runs, or if there’s any cap on the ticket quantity.
Then gather up the family to enjoy fabulous folk music and dance at the Albuquerque Folk Festival on Saturday June 1, 2013. The festival runs from all day from 10 am to 11 pm at the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, with performances on three stages, music and dance workshops, lots of great stuff for kids, and jam sessions for all.
Albuquerque Folk Festival tickets cost $20 for adults on the gate. BUT if you miss the BOGO offer to get 2 adult tickets for $15 via Living Social (only available at the link, not from the festival itself), you can still save $5 on adult tickets simply by purchasing tickets in advance from the music shop locations listed at the festival’s website. That brings the adult ticket price down to $15 per person, which is still a pretty good deal for a full day of entertainment.
Plus you can camp free of charge on the Balloon Museum grounds, with admission to start camping from Friday May 31 at 3 pm, and you don’t have to decamp until Sunday at 2 pm. That means you can make a weekend of it, and join in the jamming on Friday and Saturday nights! Camping is available for tents and RVs, see the info at the website.
Other ticket prices for the festival:
- $5 for kid’s tickets for ages 12-18, and the festival is totally free for children aged 11 and under.
- $15 for seniors (65+), students aged 18-25, and military spouses.
- $5 for active duty military
For all the reduced rate tickets, take your ID! There’s no advance purchase discount for these, only for adult tickets.
This year’s folky fun includes:
- A slate of first-rate folk music performances including Le Chat Lunatique, Squash Blossom Boys, Zoltan Orkestar and many more.
- Storytelling, giant puppets and a children’s tent with dance, music, and games
- Music workshops from ABCs of Banjo, to Build a Washtub Bass, to Celtic Singers
- Jamming and a band scramble (take your instrument – there’s a free instrument check room to leave it when you’re not playing)
- Dance workshops from contra dance, to Scottish country dance, to belly dancing with a veil (I never go anywhere without my veil!)
- Food vendors, and they usually have folk and musical items for sale too
- A barn dance
Albuquerque Folk Festival offers far more activities than we can possibly mention, so check out their site to see all the options for this great family-friendly event.
Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum is located at 9201 Balloon Museum NE