Route 66 Summerfest: July 20
There’s nothing like a street festival to make the most of summer – and is there anywhere better for a street festival than old Route 66 herself? We think not. Join the Albuquerque Route 66 Summerfest party on Saturday July 20, 2013, for free live entertainment, car cruise, and more…
Route 66 Summerfest in Nob Hill kicks off at 2 pm through 10:30 pm on July 20, and the free festivities include a car show, live music and dancing, kids’ activities, an arts and artisans’ market, tours of Nob Hill, and sidewalk sales. Some highlights:
- New Mexico Route 66 Association’s Car Show all afternoon on Central between Carlisle and Montclaire, with the annual Neon Cruise starting at 8:30 pm.
- The KidZone offers performances by and for children and teens, and a climbing wall, face painting and inflatables, on Central Avenue between Wellesley and Tulane.
- Summerfest music (in partnership with the New Mexico Jazz Festival) starts at 2:45 pm on the main stage (Central & Girard) and at 2:30 pm on the East Stage (Central & Washington). A great line-up of performers including Main Stage headline acts The Relatives (7:40 pm) and Red Baraat (9:20 pm). The headline act on the East Stage is Gregg A. Smith at 8:40 pm.
- Route 66 Cork & Tap has its own stage and beer garden, with local breweries on site, a food truck rumble, and music including Max Gomez, Felonious Groove Foundation and headliner Larry Mitchell Band, all at Central and Montclaire.
- Mother Road Art and Artisan’s Market showing local arts and crafts between Dartmouth and Bryn Mawr.
- Free Group Wedding at 6 pm by A Celebration of Love Wedding Chapel, with the county clerk present to issue marriage certificates, at the Main Stage (Central and Girard).
- Free trolley rides courtesy of ABQ Trolley Co along Central Avenue from 2-6 pm, as a shuttle to save your aching feet!
Check out the full schedule of Route 66 Summerfest events and times. They also have a very handy map so you can see what’s where.
If you download the Summerfest Program PDF, you’ll also find coupons with discounts on Nob Hill businesses during Summerfest. The coupons I spy are:
- 15% off Tres Boutique
- $5 off a $25 purchase at Ooh! Aah! Jewelry
- 10% off your purchase at Gertrude Zachary Jewelry (either location, Central or Lomas)
- 20% off Izzy Martin menswear
- 10% off Golden Eagle, home of West of Santa Fe