Route 66 Summerfest: July 21
There’s nothing like a street festival to make the most of summer – and is there anywhere better for a street festival than Albuquerque’s old Route 66 herself? We think not. Join in the party on Saturday July 21, 2012, for free live entertainment, car cruise, and more…
Route 66 Summerfest in Nob Hill kicks off at 2 pm through 10:30 pm on July 21, and the free festivities include a car show, live music and dancing, kids’ activities, an arts and artisans’ market, tours of Nob Hill, and sidewalk sales. Some highlights:
- The KidZone offers a schedule of activities including yoga, sumo wrestling, climbing wall, dances, and a jump rope performance, on Central Avenue between Wellesley and Tulane.
- New Mexico Route 66 Association’s Car Show all afternoon on Central between Carlisle and Aliso, with the 12th Annual Neon Cruise starting at 8:30 pm.
- Urban Wheels Show with alternative transportation on Central between Aliso and Morningside, and the motorbikes, scooters and bikes will also join the Neon Cruise at 8:30 pm.
- Summerfest music (in partnership with the New Mexico Jazz Festival) starts at 2 pm on two stages, with a great line-up including headline acts Cadillac Bob & the Rhinestones at 8 pm on the East Stage (Central & Washington) and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band performing at 9 pm on the Main Stage (Central & Girard).
- Route 66 Cork & Tap has its own stage and beer garden, with music including Mala Mana and En-Joy and local breweries on site, at Central and Sierra.
- Art and Artisan’s Market showing local arts and crafts between Dartmouth and Bryn Mawr.
- World’s Longest Stroll Dance attempt to grab the Guinness World Record at 4:30 pm. They need more than 221 people to beat the current record, so join in at Central and Solano, opposite the Route 66 Malt Shop.
- Free trolley rides courtesy of ABQ Trolley Co along Central Avenue from 2-9 pm, as a shuttle to save your aching feet!
Check out the full schedule of Route 66 Summerfest events and times. They also have a very handy map so you can see what’s where.
If you download the Summerfest Program PDF, you’ll also find coupons with discounts on various Albuquerque and Nob Hill businesses. Expiration dates vary, some are valid until September. Coupons include:
- 15% off at Bookworks
- 10% off at Zinc
- 20% off at Euphoria Lash Studio
- Buy-three-get-one-free offer at Satellite Coffee
- Yanni’s free appetizer or dessert with purchase of two entrees
- 25% off Bath & Body Bistro
- 15% off Tres Boutique
And more… all the coupons are in the Summer Guide to Nob Hill.